Relieving the strain on hospitals
Indoor robots in use
Film: Indoor robot in use at the Nyon hospital
Benefits for you
For hospitals and companies
- Self-driving transport robots for indoor operation – deployed around the clock
- Efficient, fully automated transport of food, consumables, laundry, samples, medicines and materials
- Cost-effective operation (up to 50% savings)
- Plannable – easy, transparent pricing
- No special investment in navigation infrastructure (e.g. guide rails) required
- Easy commissioning and comprehensive support during operation
- Robot fleet is easy to expand (three types and different attachments)
- Easy to use – controls lifts and automatic doors
- Constant further development of new useful services possible
- Swiss Post as a reliable and trustworthy partner
- Data protection and the security of access processes are guaranteed at all times by Swiss Post. Generated data is always stored with the customer.
- Staff have more time for patients
- High level of safety – the robots hardly ever make mistakes
An overview of the system
Different deployment options with different attachments
The indoor robots can be used to transport materials and goods such as medicines, groceries, laboratory samples – and even waste disposal. They can transport almost anything around the clock. They move independently through the building and, depending on the attachment used, can even load themselves with cargo.
The robot with lockable compartments is well-suited to transportation of sensitive cargo such as narcotics. The compartments can be locked securely with a PIN code or biometric ID and opened only by authorized persons.
In a hospital, the autonomous helper performs logistical tasks, allowing medical professionals more time for their patients.
Indoor robots in hospitals
Indoor robots can easily be incorporated into existing processes. No infrastructure – such as guide rails or floor markings – is required to operate them.
Indoor robots have proved their worth. They are in operation at Zurich City Hospital, Nyon hospital and Schulthess Klinik. Further hospitals are set to follow.
Interested in indoor robots or want to experience their benefits in a pilot project?
Consultation and further information
Our customer advisor will contact you within five days to outline the functions and prices.
Visit the robotics lab in Bern-Bümpliz
See the various indoor robots in action in various deployment options. Our robotics specialist will show you the various options and arrange an appointment for a visit or video conference.