Time slot delivery
Delivering items in time slots chosen by the customer
With the “time slot delivery” value-added service, let your customers decide not only whether they would prefer to receive their consignments in the morning or afternoon. You can even offer them the choice of four time slots between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. That allows your customers to optimally plan the receipt of consignments into their weekly or daily schedule. As a result, fewer consignments are missed and the pick-up of consignments notified for collection is not required.
Alternatively, you as the sender can decide in which time slot the delivery should take place.
The following time slots are available:
|Monday to Friday||Saturday|
|9 a.m. – 12 noon |
11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
1 – 4 p.m.
3 – 6 p.m.
|9 a.m. – 12 noon|
The “time slot delivery” value-added service is available from Monday to Friday for:
“Time slot delivery” is possible on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 12 noon for:
- PostPac Priority
- Bulky goods Priority
- In each case combined with the value-added service “Saturday delivery”
Recipients are automatically notified by Swiss Post about the consignments and the delivery time slot. This requires them to have activated the “My consignments” online service.
As the sender, you can make sure the recipient receives a notification about the consignment to a mobile phone number or e-mail address. For this, use the notification services (incurs a charge) in DataTransfer.
The following optional value-added services are available at a surcharge:
- Signature: signed-for delivery only. Liability for loss and damage up to CHF 1,500.00
- Assurance: signed-for delivery only. Liability for loss and damage up to CHF 5,000.00
- Personal delivery: signed-for delivery only to the person specified in the address upon providing proof of identification. Liability for loss and damage up to CHF 1,500.00
- Fragile: careful handling. Liability for loss and damage up to CHF 5,000.00
- Dispobox: available in various sizes
- Domestic dangerous goods (LQ): carriage of permitted dangerous goods in limited quantities
- Manual processing: for standard parcels using special packaging
- Electronic cash on delivery: the safe shipping and payment collection solution for business customers (for 9 a.m. to 12 noon and 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. time slots)
- ThermoCare Ambient: a passive shipping solution for the 15°-25°C range (for 9 a.m. to 12 noon and 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. time slots)
- Saturday delivery is available (with PostPac Priority, Bulky goods Priority or VinoLog) in the 9 a.m. - 12 noon time slots
- ”pro clima”: carbon-neutral shipping
- Various delivery instructions
Continued growth in online retail means the simple act of receiving parcels is becoming much more important. That’s why we offer recipients various practical services, which also benefit online retailers.
- You can have parcels delivered to your customers in a time slot which fits into their daily or weekly schedule. This can increase the willingness of your customers to order from you again.
- A high delivery rate reduces the effort needed for processing returns
- Notification of consignments to users of “My consignments”
- Consignment tracking
- You’re offering your customers a service which is unique in Switzerland
Posting, delivery area and delivery
Send parcels, bulky consignments or VinoLog items with the “time slot delivery” value-added service at acceptance points for business customers or with VinoLog. You’ll find these locations in the location search. We can also collect the consignments on request.
Consignments are delivered as per the General Terms and Conditions for postal services for business customers, or as per the specifications of the basic service/solution in use.
The delivery area and the delivery method are dependent on the delivery time selected:
9 a.m. – 12 noon and 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. delivery time slots
- Nationwide coverage throughout Switzerland and the Principality of Liechtenstein
- Delivery is to the front door of the property or another defined location (e.g. mailbox)
1 – 4 p.m. and 3 – 6 p.m. time slots
- Available to approx. 90% of households in Switzerland and the Principality of Liechtenstein
- Delivery for both of these time slots is in person to the recipient’s front door. If the recipient is not present, and if the consignment cannot be left in the mailbox, it will be passed on to the daily delivery of the following working day (Mon–Fri). The time slot is no longer valid.
Who is this service for?
“Time slot delivery” is aimed at business customers, such as those running online shops who want to deliver to their customers as per their requests.
The offer is only valid domestically. To use it, you must have a billing relationship with Swiss Post.
The use of the “time slot delivery” value-added service is linked to the following preconditions:
- Business customer status with a valid franking licence for parcel post
- The time slot consignment details need to be forwarded using DataTransfer
- Creating address labels with barcodes:
- from customers’ own addressing systems
- or using the barcode web service (data transfer is automatic, your own DataTransfer process is not required)
- or by using the “Domestic parcel labels” online service (from November 2017; data transfer automatic, your own DataTransfer process is not required)
- Checking the ability to deliver a consignment for the 1 – 4 p.m. and 3 – 6 p.m. time slots. This requires a connection to the “Swiss Post shipping options” Digital Commerce API interface.
- Labelling consignments with the “time slot delivery” value-added service barcode with the desired time slot
Labelling and addressing
For labelling consignments, individual or combined formats for value-added service barcodes are possible:
- “Time slot delivery”
- “PostPac Priority” + “time slot delivery”
- “PostPac Priority” + "signature” + “time slot delivery”
Please follow the exact addressing requirements in the Instructions for sending Swiss Express and parcel consignments (PDF, 4.1 MB).
Adhering to time slots
There is a tolerance limit of 5 minutes before and after the chosen time slot.
In the following cases, the time slot will be judged to have been adhered to, even if the documented delivery time is outside the time slot ordered:
- Delivery to My Post 24 terminals or PickPost points, letter box systems (when there is no domicile delivery), P.O. Box, poste restante
- Delivery to business customers with special delivery using a Swiss Post delivery list
- Recipient orders
- Forwarded and returned shipments
Swiss Post shall not be liable for delays. The same shall apply for all basic and additional services. On an exceptional basis, in the event of the failure to provide the additional service of “Time Slot Delivery (ZFZ)”, the price of the additional service may be reimbursed, unless non-compliance is due to adverse weather conditions, transport disruptions or other circumstances beyond the control of Swiss Post. Failure to provide the ZFZ service must be reported to Swiss Post in writing by the sender within 30 days of the day on which the “Time Slot Delivery (ZFZ)” was not duly effected.
The right of recipients to give instructions for the delivery of consignments remains reserved (General terms and conditions, “Postal Services” for business customers (PDF, 130.6 KB)).
If the recipient has placed a forwarding order, consignments with “time slot delivery” will be delivered during the normal delivery round, without taking account of the time slot.
We will return undeliverable or unwanted consignments to the sender for a fee during the normal delivery round, without taking account of the time slot.
The surcharge for the “time slot delivery” value-added service, in addition to the price of the parcel, is:
|Delivery time slot||Surcharge in CHF (excluding VAT)|
|9 a.m. – 12 noon||5.00|
|11 a.m. – 2 p.m.||5.00|
|1 – 4 p.m.||6.00|
|3 – 6 p.m.||6.00|
We are here to help
Give us a call
CHF 0.08/min. from landline phones within Switzerland
Monday till Friday: 7.30am - 6pm
Saturday: 8am to 12 noon
Write to us
Send your query directly online to our specialists.
For hearing impaired persons
For deaf or hearing impaired persons
Post CH Ltd
Swiss Post Contact Center