Electronic import customs clearance in Germany
Swiss Post GLS
Rich Content Section
Video: Electronic import customs clearance in Germany
Rich Content Section
The legal regulations applicable since November 2015 for export consignments from Switzerland to Germany require all data to be transmitted on a recipient basis (contractual partner of the Swiss customer at the time the parcel leaves Switzerland) in electronic form to the German customs authorities. Exports from Swiss companies without their own branch or importer in Germany are affected.
If you have attached physical recipient lists to your parcel consignments for Germany until now, the new regulations from the German customs authorities will have a major impact on your export processes. Each consignment must go through customs individually on a recipient basis. The number of customs clearances will multiply accordingly. This in turn will create an additional administrative workload and will entail costs.
The solution from Swiss Post
Swiss Post has developed an automated customs clearance solution for the individual customs declarations to be created on a recipient basis. In order to use this solution, you need an electronic connection that exports all relevant customs clearance data from your ERP system and transfers it to Swiss Post GLS.
Once the customs data has been transferred, Swiss Post GLS creates the individual customs declarations in Germany on your behalf. After completing the customs process in Germany, you will be able to access an electronic tax assessment decision for each individual customs declaration via Swiss Post GLS. The process is thus completely paperless. After the customs process in Germany, parcels can be delivered across the whole of the European Union.
Are you affected?
- Are you affected?
- Do you send a number of parcels to different recipients?
- Do you have no own subsidiary in Germany?
- Do you distribute/sell your goods without using an importer in the EU?
- Do you sell your goods directly to end recipients in the EU?
If you answered yes to all of the questions above, it is very likely that you are affected by the change in the law.
Are you interested in a consultation? We would be happy to help you on 0848 458 458 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The electronic import customs clearance in Germany is simple, inexpensive and legal.
- Cost advantages as a result of the paperless customs clearance process (fully electronic solution)
- Lower expenses as an exporter thanks to direct electronic connection
- Cumulative Swiss export customs clearance on the basis of the export batch invoice
- Affordable solution despite individual customs declarations
- A solution complying with the law and developed together with EU taxation lawyers, and thoroughly clarified with the German Federal Ministry of Finance and the German Customs Authority.
- Everything functions as soon as it has been initialized.
- Your initial expenses will be covered within 12 months.
- The duration will remain the same, despite the increased complexity of customs clearance, see www.swisspost-gls.ch
- You will be using an innovative, forward-looking solution.
Preconditions and operating framework
- The electronic import customs clearance in Germany may only be used in connection with Swiss Post GLS Euro Business Parcel.
- You must have the necessary registrations in Germany.
- For automated customs clearance, the relevant customs data are required in electronic form for each contractual partner or sale.
- The data concerning origin must be made available in electronic form.
- The individual commercial invoices for each contractual partner and the export batch invoice are required electronically in PDF form.
As a result of a customer data interface coupled with a high level of automation we are able to offer you the following attractive prices:
- Customs clearance costs: CHF 50.00
- plus CHF 2.00 for each additional recipient
- The additional disbursement fee is calculated based on the export batch invoice.
1 ↑ Including 5 customs tariff numbers. For each additional tariff number, we charge CHF 10.00. The calculation is based on the delivered data.
Give us a call
CHF 0.08/min. from landline phones within Switzerland
Monday - friday: 08.30 - 17.30
Write to us
Post CH Ltd
Post Passe 11