Identifying customers with certified copy of ID document
Rich Content Section
Are you, for example, a financial institution with new customers who want to open a business relationship by correspondence? Then the “Yellow Identification” service is ideal for you. With Yellow Identification, your customers can identify themselves very simply in our branches throughout Switzerland.
- Certification of authenticity of your official ID
- Meet the obligation of identification in accordance with the Anti-Money Laundering Act
- Little effort required thanks to the high level of accessibility of our dense network of branches
The Yellow Identification service is intended, for example, for financial institutions whose new customers want to open a business relationship via correspondence.
Swiss Post offers Yellow Identification within the framework of the agreement on the Swiss Banks’ Code of Conduct with regard to the Exercise of Due Diligence (CDB). Our employees at the post office counter are highly trained and carry out more than 200,000 identifications per year for a number of financial institutions.
Here’s how it works
Procedure in the branch
The customer requests certification of authenticity of their ID in their nearest branch.
Our counter staff identify the person in front of them using the identity document presented.
If the person at the counter and the person shown on the identity document are identical, the counter employee checks the identity document produced (validity, photo), copies the required pages (personal information, photo, validity and extension where applicable) and stamps it with "Original document seen by".
Our counter employee completes the stamp with their last name, first name, signature and branch date stamp and provides the customer with the certificate.
The customer pays for the service in cash, with a voucher or corresponding form (see purchase options).
Have you decided to offer your customers the “Yellow Identification” service? Use one of the following three purchasing options:
Payment in cash
Tell your customers that they can use the Yellow Identification service at the branch. Your customer pays for the service themselves.
Price: CHF 25.00 incl. VAT, payable at the branch counter
Do you want to provide your customers with vouchers to obtain the Yellow Identification? At postshop.ch, you can purchase the relevant vouchers in PDF format.
- Price per voucher: CHF 28.00 (incl. VAT)
- Vouchers can be ordered in batches of 10.
- You can provide your customers with the vouchers either in electronic or physical form.
- If desired, you can add your company name and logo to the vouchers.
- The vouchers enable your customers to obtain certification of authenticity of the copy of their ID document at the post office counter.
Your customers can be identified free of charge in the branch using a form. Any forms that are redeemed will be invoiced to your financial institution on a monthly basis. A flat fee of a minimum quantity of 20 forms will be charged each time. In order to use the form, an agreement must be signed.
For more information on monthly invoicing, please contact us by e-mail email@example.com
This might interest you too
Identification in the branch
ID check in the branch
- Personal identification in a Swiss Post branch
- Electronic processing and data transfer
- Complies with the Anti Money Laundering Act
- Contract signing is possible
- Minimum effort for your customers