Tips on your application
Apply online for your chosen career. For your application, you’ll need:
- A cover letter
- A CV
- A colour photo of yourself
- The results of the placement test (e.g. Multi-Check, Basic-Check, etc.)
- Copies of your school reports from the last four semesters
- If available: taster apprenticeship evaluations, references of employment or attestations of employment.
The cover letter is a key part of your application. It should tell us why you are applying for this position:
- Indicate which position you are applying for.
- Describe which school you are attending and which subjects you enjoy, etc.
- Explain why you’re applying for this position: what are your interests, what do you do well and what motivates you?
In addition to the content, you can also create a good impression through the layout of your documents. Bear in mind the following points:
- Your documents should be appealing and put together carefully. Make sure they are clear and well structured.
- Keep your cover letter short and to the point.
- Ensure that it’s complete and that the spelling and grammar are correct.
- Ask someone to review your application documents one last time before you send them off.
You can apply online for apprenticeship positions at Swiss Post. Find out in our video how the online application works.
Your application was impressive, and you’re invited to an interview at Swiss Post. During the interview, we’ll get to know each other better, and you can find out whether or not an apprenticeship at Swiss Post is the right option for you. Here are a few tips on ensuring that your interview is successful.
Before the interview
- Find out about Swiss Post on our website.
- Think about which questions you’d like to ask about Swiss Post and your career path.
- Make a note of the time and place of the interview, and look up the directions.
- Write down the name of the person who’ll be interviewing you.
- Be on time – or better still: get there five minutes early.
- Ensure that you’re well presented.
- Think about which questions you might be asked and how you’d like to answer. For example: what are your reasons for applying for an apprenticeship at Swiss Post? What abilities do you have to offer? What are your hobbies?
During the interview
- Greet and say goodbye to your interview partner by name.
- Just be yourself – we want to find out who you are.
- Maintain eye contact, listen carefully and allow the interviewer to finish speaking.
- Think of specific examples and situations that highlight your abilities.
- Ask the questions you’ve prepared – if something is unclear in the interview, then ask about it.
- At the end of the interview, ask what the next step is.
Are you nervous? Don’t worry – that’s perfectly normal. Simply be yourself. We look forward to meeting you!
Do you have any questions about looking for an apprenticeship? If so, call or e-mail us.
|Hotline:||0848 85 8000|