Punctual delivery of court documents
The delivery to domicile addresses takes place on the following workday after handover.
With a P.O. Box delivery, recipients can receive the consignment as early as Saturday, if they regularly check their P.O. Boxes at weekends.
|Monday ||Tuesday |
P.O. Boxes: Saturday, as long as the P.O. Box is regularly emptied on Saturdays
The day of delivery may vary due to general and regional public holidays.
In the event of loss, damage or incorrect delivery, Swiss Post will cover damages up to a maximum of CHF 500.00. In the event of later delivery, liability is limited to the transport cost.
The current dispatch status of court documents may be called up at any time using the “Track consignments” online service.
Customer without DataTransfer: Swiss Post prints out the confirmation of receipt once the document has been delivered and returns this to the court via Registered mail (R). The confirmation of receipt is also available to download for twelve months via the “Track consignments” online service. In addition to the name and signature of the recipient or receiving person, the confirmation also specifies the relationship to the recipient and all relevant delivery information.
Customers with DataTransfer: Swiss Post provides the processing data for collection on a daily basis (Mon–Sun). You can automatically obtain the confirmation of receipt via the “Track consignments” web service. As an optional service, Swiss Post provides you with the confirmations of delivery as archive data (PDF/A signed) for collection after 90 days.
No delivery of court documents to poste restante, My Post 24 terminals, third-party PickPost points, Swiss Post Box or foreign addresses.
The “Withdrawal of legal documents” service for the “court documents” and “debt collection documents” shipping options is available for courts and debt collection offices. By means of a withdrawal order, it is possible to withdraw legal documents which have been erroneously posted and which are already in the processing procedure at Swiss Post. You can find further information in the “Withdrawal of legal documents” factsheet.
Who is this service for? Preconditions
The court documents mailing solution is a service for judicial bodies that maintain a billing relationship with Swiss Post.
Court Document Online
The “Court Document Online” service provides you with a simple means of sending summonses, fines, court decisions, orders and judgements. Free from media breaks, the information exchange with Swiss Post increases the efficiency of the processing procedure and enhances security.
Here’s how it works
- Generally, the supplier registers your special application directly with Swiss Post. You can also register directly: contact your Customer Advisor or call the DataTransfer support service free on 0848 789 789. Upon registering, you will receive all necessary information on establishing a connection with DataTransfer as well as access to the Swiss Post Customer Center.
- We then activate your test account. We accompany you through all the process steps: from consignment preparation through simulated delivery and reception of the consignment data to confirmation of receipt. You can consult the precise process in the “Court Document Online – Instructions for installation and use” manual (PDF, 191.8 KB)
- After a successful test phase, we activate your account for production.
- You create your consignments and submit an XML data file with the consignment data (barcode numbers, remark, addresses) to Swiss Post. You then receive the necessary posting document (DataTransfer delivery note) from Swiss Post. Print this out and include it with the consignment.
- Swiss Post provides you with a data file for Track & Trace every morning. Once the court documents have been successfully delivered, this file will also contain the direct links for the confirmation of receipt for the court documents in the Swiss Post Customer Login. You can also obtain the confirmation of receipt via the “Track consignments” web service.
- As an optional service, you can obtain the archive data from Swiss Post. We provide the archive data for collection approximately 90 days after delivery via DataTransfer.
Prices include the return of the confirmation of receipt to the sender via Registered mail (R) or online via DataTransfer. In the event of unsuccessful delivery, the return of the court document is also included.
Up to format B4
Up to format B5
If you wish to archive the confirmations of receipt for court documents for longer than three years, they can be retrieved in PDF/A archive format, bearing a digital Swiss Post signature free of charge. The confirmations of receipt are obtained via DataTransfer (report 17) and are available retroactively for up to three years.
All prices in CHF, including VAT
+ 6.00 / item
“Second attempted delivery on following Saturday” delivery instruction
+ 5.00 / item
Surcharge for affixing
+ 0.25 / barcode
from + 0.25 /address
Prices in CHF incl. VAT
Price benefits on addressed letters
As a business customer, correctly prepared letter volumes will see you benefit from price reductions and discounts. Because by doing so, you contribute to efficient processing.
Practical information for letters with barcode
This might interest you too
Check the status of consignments online
“Track consignments” offers both senders and recipients key information about the status of their consignments.
Step by step
Stamps and franking solutions for your letter postage.
Addressing & designing mail
How you can address and design letters correctly.
Customs clearance & declaration
You must declare consignments sent abroad. Ensure a smooth customs procedure with the right accompanying documents.
You can post letters in letter boxes or hand them in at a branch.
Track & Trace
With Track & Trace, you can keep track of your consignments at all times.
Response & returns
Increase your response and manage returns efficiently.