Registered international letters
International letter mail with confirmation of posting and delivery
Depending on the destination country, delivery is within three to ten days after posting. Delivery times differ according to destination. The country-specific transport times are based on the “International PRIORITY letter” service. You can find the transport times in the “International Information” online service.
- It is not possible to combine Registered and PRIORITY Plus.
- Shipping of banknotes and precious metals (B securities) is not permitted. The import regulations and traffic restrictions depend on the destination country.
- Registered mail must be labelled with a postage paid impression and the Recommandé barcode sticker.
- Registered mail must be handed in in a sealed envelope and include the sender address.
- Gummed seals or adhesive tape must be marked by the sender or stamped by the acceptance point.
- The recipient address cannot be written in pencil and cannot contain abbreviations.
The maximum compensation in the event of loss or damage to registered international items is CHF 150.00.
Registered international is a value-added service for “International PRIORITY letter”. It is based on the prices for “International PRIORITY letters”. The following prices apply to the available value-added services.
Registered international mail
+ CHF 6.00
Combinable value-added services
Price benefits on addressed letters
As a customer with a billing relationship with Swiss Post, correctly prepared letter volumes will see you benefit from price reductions and discounts. This is your reward for supporting efficient processing.
Information on customs clearance and declaration
Declaring and clearing through customs
Which accompanying documents are required for which of the various international shipping options?
FAQs about exports: customs and VAT
A collection of FAQs about exports, customs, declarations, VAT and import/export provisions for export businesses.
In cooperation with Asendia
A joint venture between Swiss Post and France’s La Poste.
Step by step
Select the appropriate solution for franking your letters.
Correct addressing guarantees error-free delivery.
Design and pack your letters properly.
Compare and use the numerous options for sending your letters.
Save yourself time with the right tools for managing returns.