You ensure our logistics never misses a beat.
You need to be good with your hands and open to learning everything there is to know about complex equipment, electronics and automation. You are the technician responsible for the maintenance and functional capabilities of sorting systems and help to ensure flawless operation.
You must have completed the highest or middle level of secondary education for this apprenticeship.
- Have a talent for technology and be good with your hands
- Possess a flair for maths, physics and logical thinking
- Have strong organizational skills and be reliable
Training and vocational school
The training lasts for four years. During the two-year basic training, you’ll become familiar with the key principles of manufacturing technology and automation. The third and fourth years of training consist of placements at various Swiss Post units. You’ll extend your theoretical knowledge in the fields of automation, IT and electrical engineering at vocational school and on intercorporate courses.
The basic training takes place in Olten, Zurich-Altstetten or Yverdon, while the third and fourth years of training are spent in Eclépens, Härkingen or Zurich-Mülligen.
After successfully completing your apprenticeship, you’ll have lots of further training opportunities open to you, with or without the vocational school-leaving certificate. These include:
- A vocational diploma or a higher vocational qualification, such as the Automation Specialist Federal Diploma or the Industry Supervisor Diploma
- A qualification from a professional education institution, e.g. IT technician
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in electrical engineering or mechatronics