Criminal records extract
Order quickly and easily at your nearest Swiss Post branch
Rich Content Section
Order your criminal records extract in your nearest Swiss Post branch.
- For private individuals
- Ordering in a branch takes only a few minutes
- Delivered as a letter by A Mail within a few working days
- Official ID document (not a driving licence)
Private and special private extracts
Prices in CHF incl. VAT
Note: There are fraudulent websites that claim to offer orders for criminal record extracts. Please note that extracts can only be ordered from a Swiss Post branch or via the website for the Federal Office of Justice.
- Request a criminal records extract from your nearest self-operated Swiss Post branch.
- Present an ID document.
- Sign the application given to you.
- The extract will be sent to you by post within a few working days.
- Passport (only Swiss passports are accepted if ordering an extract from the debt collection register)
- Identity card
- Valid foreigners’ residence permit for Switzerland or the Principality of Liechtenstein
The special private extract only provides information about judgements concerning prohibition from practising a profession/activity or contact prohibition and exclusion orders to protect minors, other persons in need of protection or patients in the healthcare sector, for as long as such prohibition applies.
The special private extract can be ordered solely for certain purposes: for occupational or organized non-occupational activities that involve regular contact with minors or other persons in need of protection or direct contact with patients in the healthcare sector, and only with special confirmation from the employer (or organization or authorizing body).
An attestation or apostille is usually needed when the private extract has been requested by an authority or embassy abroad. For example, this may be required for a visa or an international adoption. Please ask the relevant authority whether an attestation is mandatory before ordering the extract.
The extract application and any other personal data relating to the application will be deleted in full by Swiss Post once the request for information has been completed.