You turn contacts into relationships.
Swiss Post offers its customers in its branches a wide range of services – from financial services, to logistics services and insurance. As a retail employee, you will serve customers, provide needs-oriented advice and sell other products and services.
You must have completed the highest or middle level of secondary education with good to very good grades to apply for this apprenticeship. You’ll also:
- Enjoy dealing with customers
- Possess team skills
- Have a good head for figures
- Be discreet, reliable and willing to learn
Training and vocational school
The training lasts for three years. In the first year of the apprenticeship, you’ll get to know the branch and deal with customers right from the off. In the second year, you can work in an apprentice branch and gain an insight into all functions, including branch management. If you continue to work for Swiss Post after successfully completing your basic training, you’ll have the opportunity to complete a six-month language programme.
Swiss Post offers apprenticeships throughout Switzerland.
After successfully completing your apprenticeship, you’ll have lots of further training opportunities open to you, with or without the vocational school-leaving certificate. These include:
- A federal diploma or higher vocational qualification, such as the Retail Specialist Federal Diploma or Retail or Sales Manager Diploma
- A qualification from a professional education institution, e.g. as a marketing manager
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business and management