Upstream services for letter processing
Optimizing postage for large mailings
Swiss Post recognizes upstream services carried out by business customers by offering discounts. There is potential for savings in preliminary sorting and posting – on every large mailing.
Rich Content Section
For large mailings, postage is a key budget consideration. However, it is possible to lower costs considerably by adding upstream services. You decide which upstream services your company wishes to use when posting addressed consignments – and thus determine how much you can save on the next large mailing.
Optimize your shipping costs with the following upstream services. It is possible to combine these two upstream services.
- Sorting discount – for preliminary sorting by location, P.O. Box or mail carrier district (from 3,000 consignments)
- Pallet discount – for palletization according to location and postal area (starting from format B5, over 100 g and from 10,000 consignments)
- Location discount – for delivering your consignments to one of our letter or logistics centers (from 10,000 consignments)
Detailed information on conditions, authorized consignments and price reductions can be found in the “Upstream services” factsheet.
- "Upstream services“ factsheet (German version) (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- Postal address for pallets and bulk containers (German version) (XLSX, 80.1 KB)
- “Consignment tracking of pallets” factsheet (PDF, 2.3 MB)
- Number plan (German version) (XLSX, 41.2 KB)
- "PP franking" factsheet (German version) (PDF, 317.9 KB)
- Posting PP-franked consignments (PDF, 128.7 KB)
- Posting consignments franked with IFS/WebStamp/Stamps (PDF, 451.1 KB)
Bulk Mailing Manager
The software solution for the preliminary sorting of consignment volumes
Do you regularly send addressed bulk mailings for your customers containing more than 3,000 copies with Swiss Post? With our Bulk Mailing Manager software, your customers save on postage while you spend less time preparing the mailings.
We would be pleased to provide you with personalized advice.
Do you have any questions about the service? Request a personal meeting to find out more about your options.
Give us a call
CHF 0.08/min. from landline phones within Switzerland
Monday till Friday: 7.30am - 6pm
Saturday: 8am to 12 noon
Write to us
Send your query directly to our specialists online.
Post CH Network Ltd
Swiss Post Contact Center
For the deaf
For the deaf or hard of hearing