You bring data to life.
Developer for Digital Business, Federal VET Diploma
As a developer for digital business (Federal VET Diploma), you will be involved in the digital side of the business on a day-to-day basis, playing an active role to ensure it runs as smoothly and logically. For instance, you will analyse data to make processes more straightforward and efficient or to refine existing business models. Your tasks will range from process optimization in letter and parcel centers to the digitization of support tasks in computing.
You will supervise projects and take charge of communication between specialists, decision-makers and other stakeholders. We will also be giving you a great deal of responsibility. In short, you will operate at the interface between people, business and technology.
You will have completed the highest level of secondary education with good to very good grades to apply for this apprenticeship.
- Show a flair for working in a team, communication and language
- Show a keen interest in figures and data
- Be tech and gadget-savvy
- Have a structured approach to work
Training and vocational school
The training lasts for four years.
You will attend the vocational school two days per working week, and then one school day per week from the third year of the apprenticeship onwards.
You will apply what you have learnt in various practical assignments and expand your knowledge; every twelve months, you will get a feel for the various units at Swiss Post.
After successfully completing your apprenticeship as a developer for digital business (Federal VET Diploma), you’ll have a wide range of further training opportunities open to you. These include:
- A degree at a university of applied sciences
- A qualification from a professional education institution, e.g. in business economics, business administration, as a business processes technician, in business informatics or as a digital business solution designer.
- A diploma or higher professional examination: as a digital collaboration specialist, a process expert or in managerial assistance