You help us connect Switzerland.
As an ICT specialist with Federal VET Diploma, you’ll install hardware and software, configure devices, instruct users and work on ICT support. You’ll know the company-specific settings for the hardware used and the standard/operating applications, so you can provide high-quality assistance with installations and support cases quickly.
Pupils who have completed the middle level of secondary education with good grades will be considered.
- Enjoy working with people (internal and external customers or internally within the team)
- Have a strong interest in hardware and its application
- Grasp concepts quickly and think in a joined-up way
- Be resilient and enjoy practical tasks
Training and vocational school
The training lasts for three years.
If you meet the admission criteria, you can also attend the vocational diploma school.
During business training, you’ll work in a team and develop your expertise in modular learning units and small projects. In the second year of training, you’ll get to know various areas of activity, and you’ll also work in ICT Support. You’ll broaden your theoretical knowledge on intercorporate courses and by attending vocational school.
The training locations are Bern, Lucerne and Zurich.
After successfully completing the apprenticeship, various development options are available:
- A qualification from a professional education institution, e.g. as a technician or business informatics specialist
- A vocational diploma or higher vocational qualification, such as ICT System and Network Technician Diploma or ICT Manager Diploma