You bring data to life.
Platform development/systems technology computer scientist
As a computer scientist specializing in platform development/systems technology, you will handle ICT infrastructure and related services and will also be at home in the virtual world. You’ll help protect Swiss Post against hacking attacks and ensure the entire IT system works perfectly.
Pupils who have completed the highest or middle level of secondary education with good to very good grades will be considered. You’ll also:
- Think analytically and possess the ability to identify correlations
- Be strong in mathematics and English
- Be reliable and responsible
- Be resilient and enjoy practical tasks
Training and vocational school
The training lasts for four years.
You attend vocational school one to two days a week. If you meet the admission criteria, you can also attend the vocational diploma school.
The apprentices in Bern complete their one-year basic training in the learning environment of Swiss Post’s ICT Campus. The apprentices at the training locations of Bellinzona, Chur, Lucerne, Neuchâtel and Zurich obtain their basic knowledge in cooperation with our partner institutions.
In-depth knowledge of the specialist field is gained on various placements. The area of work changes at intervals of six to 12 months.
After successfully completing the apprenticeship, various development options are available:
- A degree from a university of applied sciences, a traditional university or the Federal Institutes of Technology in informatics or business informatics
- A qualification from a professional education institution, e.g. IT specialist
- A diploma or higher vocational qualification, such as ICT application developer or ICT manager