You keep our platform in top form.
Application development computer scientist
As an informatics specialist specializing in application development, you’ll analyse software problems and come up with solutions. You will also write your own prototypes, set up test environments and launch applications.
Pupils who have completed the highest or middle level of secondary education with good to very good grades will be considered. You’ll also:
- Think analytically and possess the ability to identify correlations
- Be strong in mathematics and English
- Be reliable and responsible
- Be resilient and enjoy practical tasks
Training and vocational school
The training lasts for four years.
You attend vocational school one to two days a week. If you meet the admission criteria, you can also attend the vocational diploma school.
The apprentices in Bern complete their one-year basic training in the learning environment of Swiss Post’s ICT Campus. The apprentices at the training locations of Bellinzona, Chur and Neuchâtel obtain their basic knowledge in cooperation with our partner institutions.
In-depth knowledge of the specialist field is gained on various placements. The area of work changes at intervals of six to 12 months.
After successfully completing the apprenticeship, various development options are available:
- A degree from a university of applied sciences, a traditional university or the Federal Institutes of Technology in informatics or business informatics
- A qualification from a professional education institution, e.g. IT specialist
- A diploma or higher vocational qualification, such as ICT application developer or ICT manager