You ensure everything is on the right track.
Distribution logistics technician, Federal VET Diploma (sorting center)
Here you’re the center of attention! You’ll sort consignments and control a modern flat sorting machine. You’ll operate machines and load and unload vehicles and trains. Placements in delivery and in warehousing operations will complete your professional experience.
You must have successfully completed secondary education to apply for this apprenticeship.
- Be responsible and a good team player
- Be dependable and honest
- Be physically resilient
- Enjoy working with machinery
- Be willing to work irregular hours
Training and vocational school
The apprenticeship lasts for three years. You’ll complete the practical training at a letter or parcel center. You’ll also do placements with letter or parcel delivery and at an external warehouse. The apprenticeship is completed by two periods in the control center and maintenance operations at the sorting center. You’ll acquire the necessary theoretical knowledge at vocational school or on intercorporate and internal courses. You’ll also obtain a licence to drive forklift vehicles.
Training locations: Eclépens, Härkingen and Zurich-Mülligen letter centers; Härkingen and Frauenfeld parcel centers.
After successfully completing your apprenticeship, you’ll have lots of further training opportunities open to you, with or without the vocational school-leaving certificate. These include:
- A vocational diploma or a higher vocational qualification, such as the Logistics Specialist Federal Diploma or the Supply Chain Manager Diploma
- A qualification from a professional education institution, e.g. business processes technician
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business and management