Post-App and Voice-App for smartphones
Post-App for smartphones
With the Post-App, you will always have our services at hand. You can track, control or frank letters and parcels with just a few clicks, have easy access to pick@home or My Post 24 services, and much more.
- To use the Post-App, you need a customer login from Swiss Post.
- The app is free of charge.
- It gives you easy access to dozens of postal services at any time.
- The app is available in the App Store and on Google Play.
The Post-App services
- My consignments: Never miss a delivery. You receive information about your consignments free of charge and can manage delivery.
- Locations and opening hours: Branch, letter box or terminal − find the right location for your postal transactions on the map.
- pick@home: Have parcels collected conveniently from your home or an address of your choosing.
- DigitalStamp: Frank your letters and parcels easily and conveniently, anytime and anywhere.
- My Post 24: Send or collect parcels and registered letters 24/7 at terminals (without a display).
- Collection note: Have you missed a delivery? Choose the handover method that suits you from a range of options.
- Stamp with integrated video: View video messages for consignments that have been franked with “WebStamp with video”.
- Postcode: Find a postcode or place name.
- E-claims reporting: Despite all care taken, your consignment may become damaged. Report the damage quickly and conveniently.
Post-App for voice
You can use the Voice-App to request information about your shipments and order collections from pick@home.
- To use the Voice-App, you need a customer login from Swiss Post.
- The Voice-App uses voice technology. It makes it easy for you to use postal services by voice.
- The Voice-App is available in German, French and English. To use it, you need to be registered at Amazon in Switzerland.
- Available for Amazon Alexa.
The Voice-App services
- Track & Trace: Get all useful information about your consignments.
- pick@home: Have your parcels conveniently collected from your doorstep. To do this, you must first create a pick@home order in the smartphone app, after which the service will work via the Voice-App.