Exports, imports & customs clearance
Import customs clearance
Why do I have to pay fees for international parcels?
- Every goods shipment from abroad must be registered and customs duties and VAT must be paid.
- With the exception of postcards and letters with text messages (no goods value).
- As the recipient, you pay VAT on the value of the goods and customs duty on the gross weight.
- Gifts from private individuals abroad are duty-free up to CHF 100 (except alcohol and tobacco).
- If consignments are incorrectly or insufficiently declared, customs clearance cannot be completed. As the recipient, you will be notified of this.
Importing goods for business customers
Customs clearance solutions
Shipping customs clearance
For international small consignments transport
- We handle your customs clearance
- You avoid long waiting times
- You have a single point of contact for small consignments or truckload
Import levies by invoice
Payment by monthly invoice
Settle your import levies simply each month by invoice.
If you do not yet receive a monthly invoice from Swiss Post, you can request one.